Saturday, December 5, 2009

Remembering October

My last Blog was the end of September. I was so glad that month was over because it has always brought back many unpleasant memories. I told you October is the month that all of the good things in my life happen.

Living up to it's expectations it was a very good month, There was a blip in the road this year. My "perfect part time job" is no longer. My job turned in to a full time position and I had to let it go. After twelve years of retirement, I just couldn't go back to full time work. I knew that it would not be good for me physically and would also mess up my state insurance. With all of my health problems, I just couldn't take that chance. It was difficult to leave and not the perfect circumstances. I prayed for grace and have come to terms with retirement again. I am not sure why I have so much trouble with not being employed. I need to feel a purpose in my life. I have started back to substitute teaching with DCPS in Special Needs classes. I love to work with the children and these are the ones who seem to need the most love and maturity. It is a good fit, for I surely have "maturity" and seldom find a child that I can't love.

We celebrated all of our birthdays and anniversary. We were busy and had really good times. Jim and I took a little trip to our favorite B&B in Missouri to celebrated our 39th anniversary. It is a very quaint little community and is always relaxing. This year they had built a zip line in town. Of course, it was the perfect opportunity for my dare devil husband. He glided through the trees as I sat on a log and watched. He loved it!!!

On Halloween, we had a special "Trick or Treater". Our doorbell rang at 8:00 as we were deciding what to do that day. I heard one of my most precious voices say, "Trick or Treat". It was Brittany and George! They had driven through the night to come home . We sat down and started talking until Brittany couldn't stand it any more. She told us that we are going to be Grandparents!!! Such wonderful and exciting news. We can hardly wait to have our little firecracker join the family. The due date is July 4th. What a way to end our special month.

I knew when I lost my job that God must have something else in store for me. I can now go to Charleston anytime I want! I also have time to spend with friends and do whatever I want---visit an ex-sister-in-law in the nursing home, visit an invalid friend, help a friend put up Christmas decorations, drive the sleigh for Santa and anything else I choose to do. Life is good and again, October brought many blessings!!!

1 comments:

Mom of Jack said...

July has always been my "funky" month, especially the fourth, I can't wait to have the firecracker to liven things up! It is really amazing how God knows exactly when we need things to happen in our lives. Maybe that is why October is right after September....
Miss you, love you



Post a Comment